Chickpea Yogurt Dosa
This is one of our most versatile dosa recipes and it can be made in just minutes. The yogurt provides a mild sourdough flavor to the dosa and it pairs well with any food that you would typically eat with a bread or wrap (but it’s gluten-free!). It’s also a great substitute for chips and goes great with dips and spreads.
Ingredients for dosa – Makes 3 to 4 dosas
• 1 cup plain yogurt
• 1/2 cup chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour
• 1/2 cup brown rice flour
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/4 tsp salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to form a smooth batter. Cover and let batter rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2 Preheat the DosaMaker on setting #1. Lightly coat the top and bottom cooking plates with cooking oil.
3. Depending on the desired thickness of your dosa, gradually stir in an additional 1 – 2 tbsp of water to the batter until you reach the desired batter consistency.
4. Pour 3 to 3.5 oz of batter in the center of the bottom plate, gently close, and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Open the lid, and check. For a crispier dosa, cook for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute.
5. Remove using the plastic spatula and enjoy with your favorite filling.
Ingredients for Herbed Chickpea Salad filling – Serves 2
• 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 cup any soft fresh herbs, stemmed and chopped. We like using parsley, mint, cilantro, and basil.
• 1/2 lemon, juiced
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Feta Cheese, to taste (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and gently mix. Cover and let rest for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
2 Taste and adjust seasonings by adding more lemon juice, salt, or pepper if desired.