Cornmeal provides a wonderful sweet-savory flavorful and texture, and makes this an amazingly versatile crepe. Enjoy this as a sweet, dessert crepe with fresh berries and cream, or as savory crepe with filings such as scrambled or poached eggs and spinach. This crepe is a perfect complement to nearly any filling!
Ingredients – Makes 3-4 crepes
• 1/3 cup cornmeal
• 1/3 cup and 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
• 2/3 cup milk of your choice
• 1 egg
• 1/8 tsp salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to form a smooth batter. Let batter rest at room temperature for 10 minutes to allow the flour and cornmeal to hydrate.
2 Preheat the DosaMaker on setting #1. Lightly coat the top and bottom cooking plates with cooking oil.
3. Pour 3 oz of batter in the center of the bottom plate, gently close, and cook for 1 minute 30 seconds.
4. Open the lid, check and if desired cook for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute depending on your preference.
5. Remove using the plastic spatula and enjoy as-is, or fill with berries and cream for a sweet dish, or scrambled or poached eggs and spinach for savory dish.