Oatmeal Maple Banana Dosa
This is a healthy and tasty breakfast or dessert that can be made in under 10 minutes! Just fill with Nutella, peanut butter or your choice of fruit (or all three!). It’s a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth without all the calories or guilt. You can also cook this dosa a little longer and create a sweet chip that’s great for dipping in greek yogurt.
This dosa is also an amazing post-workout snack. Just add 2 tbsp of protein powder with 2 tbsp of water and remove the brown sugar.
Next time you have some ripe bananas, skip the banana bread and try these oatmeal banana dosas. We promise you won’t regret it!
Ingredients – Makes 3-4 Dosas
• 1 banana
• 1/2 cup oatmeal
• 1/2 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy. We typically use vanilla almond milk)
• 1/4 cup water
• 1 tbsp maple syrup
• 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
• 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
• 1/8 tsp of salt
• 1 tbsp coconut flour (adds a light coconut flavor)
• 1 tbsp rice flour (gives a little more crunch)
To make sure this dosa is gluten-free you must buy oatmeal that is labeled as gluten-free.
1. Blend all ingredients until you have a smooth batter. For a thinner dosa add 1 to 3 tablespoons of water to the batter.
2. Set the DosaMaker on temperature setting #1.
3. Add a light coating of oil to the top and bottom cooking plates. Pour 3 oz of batter into the DosaMaker and close.
4. Cook for 2 minutes. Open to check the dosa and if desired, cook additional 30 seconds. For a crispier, sweet chip-type dosa, cooking for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute, or cook on temperature setting #2.
5. Add your filling and enjoy!