Raisin Carrot “Cake” Dosa (with Pumpkin Spice!)
A healthy dosa with pumpkin spice that tastes like cake. Yeah, we don’t think we need to say any more either!
Ingredients – Makes 3-4 Dosas
• 1 cup finely grated carrot
• 2/3 cup oat flour (to make gluten-free make sure to use oat flour labeled as gluten-free)
• 1 cup vanilla almond milk (or dairy milk if you prefer)
• 1 tsp pumpkin spice (or 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4-1/8 tsp of ground nutmeg, and 1/4-1/8 tsp of ground cloves)
• 4 tbsp raisins, chopped
• 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
• 1/8 tsp salt
1. Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth. Let the batter rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. Note: Batter should be thicker than pancake batter to result in cake-textured dosa. For a thinner dosa, simply add another 2 – 3 tbsp of almond milk before cooking.
2. Preheat the DosaMaker on setting #1. Lightly coat the top and bottom cooking plates with cooking oil..
3. Pour 2.5 – 3 oz batter in the center of the bottom plate, gently close, and cook for 2 minutes 30 seconds. Flip the dosa, close the lid, and cook 30-60 seconds longer, depending on how crispy you want the dosa.
4. Remove using the plastic spatula and enjoy alone, or serve with yogurt, a smear of cream cheese, or almond butter. Enjoy!