Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Chickpea Dosa
Sun-dried tomato and basil combine to create a delicious mediterranean inspired chickpea dosa. This dosa packs a ton of flavor and is very versatile. Enjoy as-is, with a dip or spread, or use as a wrap.
Ingredients – Makes 4-6 Dosas
Note: Dosas will be a bit thicker so they can be used as a wrap.
• 1 cup chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour
• 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
• 4 tbsp chopped sun-dried tomato
• 1 & 1/2 cup water
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until the batter is smooth.
2. Preheat the DosaMaker on setting #1. Lightly coat the top and bottom cooking plates with cooking oil.
3. Stir in 3 to 5 tbsp of additional water in to the batter. The batter should still be slightly thick.
4. Pour 3.5 to 4 oz of batter in the center of the bottom plate, gently close, and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Open the lid and check. For a crispier dosa, flip and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
6. Remove using the plastic spatula and enjoy as-is, or serve with your favorite dip or hummus, or use as a sandwich wrap.