Tomato, Onion & Garlic Traditional Indian Dosa
Here’s a flavorful twist on a traditional Indian dosa. In this recipe we add tomato, garlic, and onion to traditional Indian dosa batter, but don’t forget to try your favorite vegetables too. And for those who like their food on the spicy side, make sure to add the paprika or red chili powder!
You can cook this dosa like you would a traditional Indian dosa, or try cooking for extra time to create a dosa chip that’s full of flavor!
Ingredients – Makes 4 Dosas
• 1 cup traditional dosa batter. Click here to view our recipe, or you can use pre-made, fresh batter available at most Indian grocery stores.
• 1/2 large tomato, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves
• 4 tbsp onion, chopped
• 1/4 cup water, if necessary to thin batter
• For an extra burst of spice and color, add 1 tsp of chili powder or paprika
1. Combine tomato, garlic, onion, and dosa batter in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Preheat the DosaMaker on setting #2. Lightly coat the top and bottom cooking plates with cooking oil.
3. Depending on the desired thickness of your dosa, gradually add 1 – 2 tbsp of water to the batter until you reach the desired batter consistency.
4. Pour 3 oz of batter in the center of the bottom plate, gently close, and cook for 2 minutes 30 seconds.
5. Open the lid and check. For a crispier dosa, cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
6. Remove using the plastic spatula and enjoy alone, or serve with your favorite filling, dip, or spread.