Want a great way to eat spinach without realizing you’re eating spinach? This dosa gets its green color because it’s loaded with spinach, so while you’re enjoying a burst of mint and cocoa flavor you’re also eating your vegetables!
Ingredients – Makes 4 dosas
• 1 cup fresh spinach
• 1 cup oat flour (to make gluten-free make sure to use oat flour labeled as gluten-free)
• 1 and 1/4 cup almond milk (or dairy milk if you prefer)
• 1/2 tsp mint extract
• 2 tsp sugar
• 1 tbsp cocoa nibs (these can be labeled as cacao nibs by some brands), or mini chocolate chips if you prefer something sweeter.
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until the batter is smooth. Let the batter rest at room temperature for 5 minutes.
2 Preheat the DosaMaker on setting #1. Lightly coat the top and bottom cooking plates with cooking oil.
3. Pour 3 oz of batter in the center of the bottom plate, gently close, and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Open the lid, flip the dosa, and cook for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute depending on how crispy you prefer the dosa.
5. Remove using the plastic spatula and enjoy as-is, or with your favorite spread or yogurt.