Margherita Pizza – using the DosaMaker!
Yes, the DosaMaker is so versatile it even makes an amazing thin crust pizza in minutes! Next time you’re craving pizza skip the frozen pizza and try this. The crust gets a nice crispy surface without becoming dry or too chewy and tastes great. In the time it takes to warm-up your oven (not to mention cook a frozen pizza), you can have a fresh, homemade pizza with your favorite toppings!
Ingredients – Serves 2
• 1 package Pillsbury Thin Crust pizza dough – available in the refrigerated section
• 1 tomato, finely chopped, or your favorite pizza sauce
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella (or more if you prefer your pizza with extra cheese)
• Fresh basil or parsley, minced (optional)
If you want to add more vegetables, like mushrooms or green peppers, we recommend quickly sauteing these in a pan before using in this recipe.
1. Preheat the DosaMaker on setting #1. Lightly coat the top and bottom cooking plates with cooking oil.
2. Unroll the package of the pizza crust and use a knife to cut into eight squares, or shape as desired. The dough should be about 1/8 inch thick.
3. Place one of the squares of pizza crust in the center of the bottom plate, gently close, and cook for 1 minute.
3. Open the lid, and using the plastic spatula remove the crust and place the cooked side up on a large plate. Increase the DosaMaker temperature setting to #2.
4. Add tomatoes (or sauce), any additional toppings, and cheese. When the DosaMaker has reached setting #2, place the crust on the bottom plate and move the lid to the Elevated Cooking Position. Cook for 4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
5. Remove using the plastic spatula, add the fresh basil or parsley, and enjoy!